Dragon Hearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Hearts

Daily Music: Daiki Kasho - What to believe

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

Castle Crashers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redemption
Guardian Dragon
Guardian Dragon
Redemption

Castle Crashers Empty
PostSubject: Castle Crashers   Castle Crashers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 pm

Here we go with the most epic, #1 rated, 4 players, 2d graphics on 3d platform adventure game! That's a lot of numbers! Geez, I need to breath...

*Breath in like Ace Ventura*

This game is so freaking awesome that once you try it you can't quit, even if it gets repetitive at some points, you just can't stop playing it for the following reason; there is way too much time to put on it to level up all unlockable characters to level 99; plus we all figure out too late that the game has two level of difficulty, which the regular one can be completed with enough time solo but the insane mode requests 4 players to go through because at some points, no matter your health you can be downed in a single hit and the enemies are being such a pain in the ass, there level of health and strength is nowhere close to your level 99 characters, and trust me when I say this; I once had a level 99 characters before my HDD decides to corrupt my saved files...

*Breath with difficulty*

Now THAT'S a relief to have been able to say that all in a single sentence non-stop in 29 seconds... wooh, that's a lot of weight off my shoulders.

Questions?

Alright... to the interesting stuff now!

Level up really quickly:
Whenever you get the Giraffe companion, keep it with you for it brings a 10% bonus XP. Remember that you gain XPs based on the number of hit you do to a foe who still has health. The best way to get quick XP is at the Catfish Boss. Of course, you can make even more XPs in a single run through a lot of levels, but you also get to spend a lot of money on potions.

Make some quick money:
At the last level, you get to battle 4 bosses. The first one is the easiest and gives up to 350 in gold. You can re-do the same boss as much as desired by exiting and returning in the room at anytime. Suggestion of my own would be to exit from where you entered the room for the simple fact that you save time by skipping the part where you must destroy the big purple crystal, which doesn't even give you some sort of reward (Gold or XP).

Magic isn't that useless:
Some characters have awesome magics but notice that the amount used by the spells depends on their usefulness. For exemple, the blue knight uses ICE magic, which freezes most of the time the targets. Very helpful when you want to do a good combo on multiple enemies or keep a tough one away. Although you suck up this magic really fast, you only need to cast it once in a while. Some other characters, such as the king (DLC King's Pack) restore life and throws golden knives that causes a great deal of damage from a safe distance. Although the healing effect comes in handy, it takes a lot of spell casting to recover all your health, you can heal team-mates too!

Co-op is the key:
Playing at 4 players is fun, but it isn't all about rushing through levels! A level 70 won't make much XPs and kills enemies quite easily while a level 10 can make a great deal of XPs yet die more often and have almost no kills. Supporting each others is helpful. Choose a fixed area or target to take care of between yourselves and this way it should be equally fun for all. Once a player is done on his own, he COULD help the others or simply await to be needed.

Weapons of choice:
You like casting spells? The big black morning star is yours! Gives a lot of magic bonus and defense and even thought you lose some strength, you can make critical hits. You wanna be a tank? The golden broadsword is yours (DLC King's Pack)! No penalties, only a great deal of bonuses. Ain't that thought? The black katana is yours! With a nice defense bonus and some magic, you get to be a lot more resistant AND stylish. That bow ain't shooting fast enough? Two words: CANDY STICK (DLC King's Pack)!

Companions of choice:
The Giraffe gives a nice 10% bonus of XPs. The Chicken gives 1 strength, defense and agility. The Elephant gives 3 strength. The Spikyfish gives 5 defenses but lowers 3 agility. The One-Eyed Demon gives 3 magic. The Fox helps you find hidden items buried (Even at places where you don't see crosses (Under snow/ice or behind objects). That Red Bird is awesome for its unique talent to find items you can't access or find without it. The Brown Parrot picks on downed targets AND brings you food from dead bodies before they disappear. Monkey helps you get more gold and food drops from enemies (Applies to all players). The Pig gives you twice the amount of health recovered from food.

That's all for now folks!
Back to top Go down

Castle Crashers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dragon Hearts :: Xbox Section :: Arcade Games collection-
Jump to: